One of the things I love to do in the summer is to visit different farmers markets. From artisans hawking fresh eggs to those selling jewelry and dog sweaters, every farmers market offers a unique flair for the community it’s in.
This past Saturday I visited the Edmonds Farmers Market, one of my favorites, and learned that there are more types of cherries than just Bing and Rainier. Today I tried 2 types of cherries I’ve never seen before – a Stella and a Strawberry. I believe the vendor said the Stella is only grown on their farm.
You can go to this website to find all the local farmers markets and here are some of my favorites in King and Snohomish Counties:
- Ballard Farmers Market – Sundays
- Edmonds Farmers Market – Saturdays
- Queen Anne Farmers Market – Thursdays
- Phinney Farmers Market – Fridays
- Columbia City Farmers Market – Wednesdays
- Magnolia Farmers Market – Saturdays
- University District Farmers Market – Saturdays
- Wallingford Farmers Market – Wednesdays
- Everett Farmers Market – Sundays
Have a great summer and get out to your local farmers market.